Re: LDAP.ora

From: HansF <Fuzzy.Greybeard_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2007 01:22:35 GMT

On Sun, 18 Feb 2007 16:24:38 +0100, Frank van Bortel wrote:

Frank - thanks for bouncing some ideas on this. Since you appear interested, here is a final summary - confirmed by Oracle Support:

LDAP.ORA is only used in the Oracle Networking name resolution mechanism and has nothing to do with the connection between the client and OID as an LDAP service.

The official location of LDAP.ORA is version dependant and has bounced between ORACLE_HOME/network/admin and ORACLE_HOME/ldap/admin ... and depends on which tool is used to create the file.

  If LDAP.ORA is create by Oracle Networking tools, it is placed in   ORACLE_HOME/network/admin

  If LDAP.ORA is create by OID tools, it is placed in   ORACLE_HOME/ldap/admin

  The search order for LDAP.ORA, and whether it uses TNS_ADMIN and/or   LDAP_ADMIN variables is different for Oracle8i, Oracle9i, Oracle10gR1   and Oracle10gR2 - see Metalink Note 363283.1

LDAP.ORA is not used directly in the SSO mechanism. OSSO is entirely HTTP protocol and connects between the Client, the HTTP server and the OiD/LDAP server.

Changing LDAP.ORA, TNSNAMES.ORA or SQLNET.ORA at the client's side will not impact the client's Oracle Single Sign-On mechanism.

Changing any of these things at the OiD server, in the Oracle_Home that provides the OID service (where oidmon, oidsrv are run) may impact the connection between LDAP service and it's Oracle database data store.

--
Hans Forbrich   (mailto: Fuzzy.GreyBeard_at_gmail.com)

*** Feel free to correct me when I'm wrong!
*** Top posting [replies] guarantees I won't respond.