Re: RISC vs Xeon

From: Mladen Gogala <mgogala.SPAM_ME.NOT_at_verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2007 14:13:37 GMT

On Fri, 09 Feb 2007 04:47:28 -0800, frank.van.bortel_at_gmail.com wrote:

> Hm, I have experienced the opposite, at least for Java.
> It seems to me the Java implementation on (HP PA-)RISC
> is "not optimal" to say the least

Java is not optimal for any implementation, period. Java programs are portable in the sense that they suck equally on any platform. That is why Oracle Corp. started producing a ton of Java/XML garbage like srvctl (cannot do listener status) and EM. Had Eclipse been written in C++, it wouldn't need 30 minutes to start.

--
http://www.mladen-gogala.com