Re: RISC vs Xeon

From: Mladen Gogala <mgogala.SPAM_ME.NOT_at_verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2007 14:18:06 GMT

On Fri, 09 Feb 2007 13:33:59 +0100, Patrick Pasek wrote:

> Hello.
>
> Do you have any experience with Oracle 9i + RHEL on IBM RISC servers?
> Does it work well? How would you describe prose and cones of this
> configuration against Oracle 9i + RHEL on Xeon ?
>
> I'm not asking about money, I'm interested in your experience with
> support, functionality, and such things.
> I know risc would be faster than xeon, but how about oracle and RH
> support for this architecture?
> Theoretically everything should work well, but what is your opinion ?
>
> Maybe you know any forums where such topics are discussed?
>
> Best regards,
> Patrick Pasek.

And why would you want Linux when you can have something as good and optimal as AIX? AIX is an extremely stable and reliable full Unix implementation which will run circles around any Linux. In addition to that, it supports all IBM's hardware and you have "all-in-one" support, covering your hardware, software and even database (yes, IBM will support your Oracle database)? You don't have enough problems in life and you're looking for excitement?

--
http://www.mladen-gogala.com