Re: Oracle 8i replication question

From: Brian Peasland <dba_at_nospam.peasland.net>
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2007 17:21:15 GMT

> So, OLREP840.DLL is considered part of Oracle 8i client? Also, how can
> I tell what version of oracle client I have my machines?

Go to that machine and type "sqlplus". The banner when SQL*Plus is launched will tell you which version of client you have.

> If it does turn out that OLREP840.DLL with windows xp is certified by
> Oracle do you have any idea what might be my problem then? Why would I
> be getting that error?

I'm have no clue what the problem would be. I would contact Oracle Support for more help. But I'd be willing to bet you that they'd tell you to upgrade your client software. Any reason why you haven't upgraded the client software?

Cheers,
Brian

Brian Peasland
dba_at_nospam.peasland.net