Re: Oracle Unit Testing

From: EscVector <Junk_at_webthere.com>
Date: 2 Feb 2007 07:08:39 -0800

On Feb 2, 3:57 am, "WebCom Systems" <i..._at_webcomsystems.co.uk> wrote:
> Actually I think this is getting off topic a bit.
>
> The point of the the Oracle Unit Testing web site is Unit Testing Best
> Practices.
> ie self testing code.
>
> I'd invite comments on that too.

Unit tests are great, but is objectification within the database the way to go? What is the fastest, most scalable approach? I don't see instrumentation any mention of response time here. Business logic that does what it is supposed to do is one thing, but what about performance logic? I like the approach on the surface, but I would add performance instrumentation to the unit tests in the form of begin/ end trace and performance metrics within each distinct business function. Received on Fri Feb 02 2007 - 09:08:39 CST