Can't grant SYSOPER or SYSDBA in VMS 10gR2 Cluster

From: Malcolm Dunnett <nothome_at_spammers.are.scum>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 10:08:11 -0800

This is my first RAC setup, so forgive me if this is a stupid question:

I have set up a two node RAC cluster with Oracle 10.2.0.2. Each node is an rx2600 (Itanium) system running VMS 8.3. Everything seems to be working fine so far except than I can't grant SYSDBA or SYSOPER privileges to any users, when I try I get an:

ORA-29701: unable to connect to Cluster Manager

all other command work fine, I can grant any other role or privilege. I presume it has something to do with these privs being stored in the password file and each node having a separate password file.

From the documentation it appears the "cluster manager" it is talking about is the VMS clustering software itself, that is working properly.

Anyone else seen this? Bug or configuration problem? Received on Fri Jan 26 2007 - 12:08:11 CST