Re: Simple question: How to manage/monitor multiple Oracle databases

From: Paul <dontemail_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 01:20:44 -0500

Kuwerti:

    If all you have is native Oracle and not any 3rd party software, I would suggest setting up a Statspack report for each database and write your scripts to email the log files to you when they complete. This method allows you to open your email in the morning and get a good health report on all of your databases. Other GUI tools may be more sophisticated but if they are not available this method utilizes the resources already available to you.

    Good luck.

--
Paul LaBarbera
DBA Manager, AT&T Information Technology Division