table fragment and index rebuild time

From: Steve Robin <ocmaman_at_gmail.com>
Date: 23 Jan 2007 21:39:53 -0800

Hi all,
I want to know, is there any way to find which tables need to be fragmented, and which index need to be rebuild. One by one I can find out this by using dbms_space package for tables (find unused blocks) and
analyze index < index_name > validate structure; command and then see index_stats and find that.

But I have 5 lacs tables and many indexes, how to know which schema to refresh.
Right now we do that but based according period of work on any schema or wait till the performance is get down then we find it and do it. Received on Tue Jan 23 2007 - 23:39:53 CST