Re: Simple question: How to manage/monitor multiple Oracle databases

From: HansF <Fuzzy.Greybeard_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 13:48:30 GMT

On Tue, 23 Jan 2007 05:26:14 -0800, Kuwerti wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> At the moment we have 15 different oracle servers in our company. I am
> looking for a managing tool to monitor all these databases at once. for
> example: every morning a quick overview of the databases-status,
> tablespace-status etc.. etc... Can anyone point me in the right
> direction for such a tool?? Does Oracle have it??

You might look at Oracle's Grid Control. Monitors many [most] of Oracle's products using a single concole. Has been hyped by Oracle for about 3 years.

Available at $0 for production for the console and supervisory stuff you seem to want. (But be aware that the additional packs that make it truly useful for a professional organization are licensed and priced separately.)

--
Hans Forbrich   (mailto: Fuzzy.GreyBeard_at_gmail.com)
*** Feel free to correct me when I'm wrong!