Re: Seeking Equivalent of InterBase Domain

From: Frank van Bortel <frank.van.bortel_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2007 14:39:48 +0100

Martijn Tonies schreef:
> Hello Frank,
>

>> The closest to a domain Oracle has is a table (yes I know -
>> sounds obvious), a lookup table to be precise.

> Although this may be a solution for the problem described,
> it has nothing to do with a "domain" as used in relational
> theory.
>
> Please read my description in another post in this thread.

Please read up on how to implement super- and subtypes of an entity in Designer - a tool that generates Oracle DDL. It was my understanding the OP meant the implementation phase, not the modeling phase. Don't start lecturing relational theory when the OP wants a (technical) solution.
--
Regards,
Frank van Bortel

Top-posting is one way to shut me up...