Re: Rearrange columns

From: MRCarver <mrcnewGroup_at_charter.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 13:53:50 -0800

HansF wrote:
> On Fri, 19 Jan 2007 11:32:02 -0800, MRCarver wrote:
>

>> I was not LOOKING for a lecture on RDMS design philosophy.  I am new to

> So you didn't provide the actual reason for the question. And I answered
> based on some other business reason. My answers (I gave two alternatives)
> are still valid - just not in your case.
>
> No need to get up tight about it.

Me get upset ! Nah. This is my first posting in this newsgroup. Just seemed like I was getting slammed for such an innocent request! Clearly the order of tables is not for Oracle's benefit, but mine. Once one gets several hundred tables, there needs to be some order that allows my wee mind to categorize it.

As for "Mighty"... the impression I was getting was that the need to rearrange fields in Oracle, was "beneath" the Oracle. Please forgive me if I was wrong in my impression.

thanks for the info. I solved the problem by recreating the table. What really got me questioning how to do it, was the resort buttons in "Oracle SQL Developer", which I can't seem to activate. Am I missing something? Why won't those buttons activate?

Regards,
Monte Carver Received on Fri Jan 19 2007 - 15:53:50 CST