Good manual with list of waits and what they mean - OEM metrics

From: <bdurrettccci_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 18 Jan 2007 06:14:03 -0800

We just finished resolving a big problem that involved a wait that I had never seen before. It didn't show up in a regular Google search or in Metalink. A coworker of mine found the wait in a manual called "OracleŽ Enterprise Manager Oracle Database and Database-Related Metric Reference Manual 10g Release 2 (10.2)"

Section "4.56 Wait Bottlenecks" has a nice list of waits and what causes them. In our case we were getting a bunch of "SQL*Net break/reset to client" waits. The manual pointed to inserts which fail with unique constraints as the cause. Metalink just pointed to a network problem.

Here is the current location of the manual which is available free on technet.oracle.com:

http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B16240_01/doc/em.102/b25986/toc.htm