Re: import full X sys system sysman

From: sybrandb <sybrandb_at_gmail.com>
Date: 17 Jan 2007 07:12:53 -0800

On Jan 17, 3:26 pm, "mRangel" <marcus.ran..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear friends,
>
> I read a lot of articles here about "import full=y" not bringing user
> SYS, but loading user SYSTEM. About that, I have three questions:
>
> 1. What happens to SYSMAN ?
> 2. If SYS is not affected, why does the import log shows this:
>
> . importing SYS's objects into SYS
>
> 3. I want to bring all the users, with their objects and grants, from
> one database to another. Is a full import the best way to do this ?

SYS is the owner of the database and of the dictionary. Import is a series of DDL and DML statements. Consequently SYS is imported automagically. Any object you created yourself will NOT be exported. You can not export SYS as SYS = the dictionary.

SYSMAN is an ordinary user

2 Several objects are stored in the dictionary only: triggers, sequences etc. Those objects don't have a corresponding segment. During export they are extracted, converted to a correct DDL statement and imported during import

3 It depends
Rman duplicate database would also work, and doesn't generate redo.

--
Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA