Re: ORA-02041: client database did not begin a transaction

From: skyloon <skyloon_at_gmail.com>
Date: 11 Jan 2007 17:40:10 -0800

i never use stored procedure inside my form, it's only a simple insert select statement, i don't know why there is no problem when db.open in oracle 9 and error occur in oracle 8..

Set db = New ADODB.Connection
db.Provider = "OraOLEDB.Oracle"
db.Open Oracle8, "max", "max"

db.BeginTrans

sSQL="sql statement...."

db.Execute sSQL

if return True, db.CommitTrans else db.RollbackTrans..

after db.Execute sSQL, it returns error message ORA-02041: client database did not begin a transaction