Re: Difference between OracleDataSource and OracleXADataSource

From: brian <kaiplusuwe_at_googlemail.com>
Date: 9 Jan 2007 04:43:35 -0800

Valentin Minzatu wrote:
> As far as I know - I hope this is right, if not somebody please correct
> me - for distributed transactions between the middle tier and the
> database (i.e. MDB or such) you'd need XA driver.

With this you imply that the standard datasource would not provide the ACID attributes in the context of MDB. I assume the OracleDataSource to have a better performance but is this the only justification to use it? Other than in this point I wouldn't see any advantage in OracleDataSource over the XA version and thus always use the latter. Received on Tue Jan 09 2007 - 06:43:35 CST