Re: performance problem : tkprof show many fetches with high elapsed time

From: Robert Klemme <shortcutter_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2007 13:10:37 +0100

On 04.01.2007 09:45, Benny wrote:
> I am very sure about the uniqueness of the ID column (there is an
> unique index on it) but I am not so sure that the batch table contains
> only 1 record during the update (developer assures me this ...).

This sounds strange: you have a table you call "batch table" and use it only for updating a single record? You would not need a table for this.

Just a wild guess: maybe developer /thinks/ there is just one record but actually forgot to delete records after the last update / insert.

I am not sure what exactly you are doing but is it possible that you update the same 5 records over and over again?

Regards

        robert Received on Fri Jan 05 2007 - 06:10:37 CST