Re: install oracle 10G on AIX raw device

From: Pete's <empete2000_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 4 Jan 2007 06:04:54 -0800

kh wrote:
> Hello,
> we are performing 10G rac installation on AIX raw device. Our hostname
> for both of the machine is rac1 and rac2. After the installation of
> CRS, the rac1 and rac2 will take turn to restart. Can anyone guide and
> help on this issue?

As others may point out, it will be difficult to 'guide' you on this as you have given us very little information on the problem you are facing. i.e. Where are you installing the Oracle software? Where are you placing your voting & ocr disks? Raw or gpfs, what? Check the crs logs in $ORA_CRS_HOME/logs/<nodename>/crsd. Before you start installing CRS, be sure you follow the Installation Guide checking for all requirements are being met. On metalink, see note id 282036.1 for more info on os requirements. Again on metalink, see note id 239998.1 for how to clean up a failed CRS install.

Pete's. Received on Thu Jan 04 2007 - 08:04:54 CST