Re: EM10g OMS Install Issues securing repository

From: Bart The Bear <bartthebear_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2007 09:06:12 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 03 Jan 2007 06:43:18 +0000, Niall Litchfield wrote:

> kay.malcolm_at_gmail.com wrote:

>> I have been having issues installing Enterprise Manager 10g when
>> splitting up the repository and the management server. I have been
>> able to get the key secured and wallet set up. However when I start
>> the management server, I get ORA-1017's in the emoms.trc and emoms.log
>> file. I've opened up a tar with oracle and modified the
>> emoms.properties file using some articles found in metalink to no
>> avail. Has anyone else encountered this problem or have any ideas?
>> I've verified that the user/pass combo is in fact valid, any help would
>> be appreciated.
>>
>> 2007-01-02 06:15:26,867 [ApplicationServerThread-12] ERROR
>> app.SessionObjectManager sessionDestroyed.128 - java.sql.SQLException:
>> ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied
>>
>> java.sql.SQLException: ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon
>> denied
>>
>> at
>> oracle.jdbc.driver.DatabaseError.throwSqlException(DatabaseError.java:137)
>> at
>> oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CTTIoer.processError(T4CTTIoer.java:304)
>> at
>> oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CTTIoer.processError(T4CTTIoer.java:271)
>> at
>> oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CTTIoauthenticate.receiveOauth(T4CTTIoauthenticate.java:647)
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> Kay Malcolm
>> omalcolm_at_southernco.com
>>
> from memory - I'm at home now so can't check - as well as the username
> and password properties there is also a passwordEncrypted property that
> needs to be set to false initially (doing oms secure will reset this to
> encrypted).

As a comment, completely inappropriate for other forums, OMS is largely undocumented adventure that requires editing xml and properties files, is unstable, hard to diagnose, setup and use, in other words, a complete disaster. OMS looks as if it was designed by a committee of 9-years old children. A good application should behave like Oracle*Net listener: it should have one (or several) well documented files, utilities like tnsping to be used for diagnostics, capabilities to trace and log it and an output to analyze. Things like opmn, ons and oms are an exact opposite. I saw many good applications in my time, some from Oracle, some not, but this is an abominable patchwork which turns my stomach upside down. I don't want to be a harbinger of doom, but in my opinion, this type of software is a sign that Oracle has a big problem with software development and that low cost of development is more important then the quality. That is also visible from the RDBMS software itself which is full of the the bugs that make it extremely unreliable. In other words, lack of competition is bad. Oracle has become Microsoft. Received on Wed Jan 03 2007 - 02:06:12 CST