Re: EM10g OMS Install Issues securing repository

From: hpuxrac <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: 3 Jan 2007 13:22:05 -0800

Bart The Bear wrote:
> As a comment, completely inappropriate for other forums, OMS is largely
> undocumented adventure that requires editing xml and properties files, is
> unstable, hard to diagnose, setup and use, in other words, a complete
> disaster. OMS looks as if it was designed by a committee of 9-years old
> children. A good application should behave like Oracle*Net listener: it
> should have one (or several) well documented files, utilities like tnsping
> to be used for diagnostics, capabilities to trace and log it and an output
> to analyze. Things like opmn, ons and oms are an exact opposite.
> I saw many good applications in my time, some from Oracle, some not, but
> this is an abominable patchwork which turns my stomach upside down. I
> don't want to be a harbinger of doom, but in my opinion, this type of
> software is a sign that Oracle has a big problem with software development
> and that low cost of development is more important then the quality. That
> is also visible from the RDBMS software itself which is full of the the
> bugs that make it extremely unreliable. In other words, lack of
> competition is bad. Oracle has become Microsoft.

Just wait till the oracle cheerleaders in this forum try to turn this comment around!

There seems to be a serious lack of quality assurance involvement within the oracle development process. Maybe another way of saying it is that there are no good checks and balances within the oracle development and that once something starts rolling downhill lookout below! Received on Wed Jan 03 2007 - 15:22:05 CST