Re: What are EMC requirements??

From: sybrandb <sybrandb_at_gmail.com>
Date: 1 Jan 2007 12:20:53 -0800

alexmax1234_at_yahoo.com wrote:
> Hi,
> I have installed Oracle Databse 9i 9.2.0.1.0 Enterprise edition, I have
> choosed General Purpose for database type (actaully, I have used all
> default options). And the installation passed successfull. As I have
> seen this option will include enterprise management possibilities,
> including Console, Management Server and Intelligent Agent, but I can't
> start Enterprise console, I think that server should be started when I
> start the console. I don't know how else can I start it, or check if
> it's ok, maybe it could be a problem. Even I can't start Enterprise
> Management Configuration Assstant, so I can't configure anything. I
> thought that it can be started in standalone mode. I have checked if
> database is running well, but there is no any error in logs, I have
> started all necessary services: OracleOraHome92Agent, ...PagingServer,
> ...NMPPeerEncapsulator, ...NMPPeerMasterAgent, ...TNSListener,
> ...HTTPServer, and database service OracleServiceORCL is also running.
> The most interesting thing is that I don't get any error when I try to
> start configuration assistant or console, doesn't matter. When I run it
> it seems it will start but then start icon disapiars. I have installed
> this on the Windows XP prof, 256MB RAM and 2.4GHz processor. This is my
> first contact with oracle. So if anyone can help me how can I configure
> my settings to start management console I would appreciate it a lot.
>
> Thank you a lot in advance.

The configuration steps are
1 read the minimal installation requirements 2 realize both the configuration assistant and the management console are fully written in Java
3 Java = memory hungry
4 Go to the shop
5 buy 256 Mb extra RAM at least, but better still 756 Mb.

This just won't work in 256 Mb.
You are aware 9i is going to be desupported in 6 months?

--
Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA