Re: conventional path export with direct=y

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 1 Jan 2007 12:12:36 -0800

Matthias Hoys wrote:

> You are not reaching a filesystem limit are you ? For example an export dump
> file bigger than 2GB on a non-large file enabled filesystem ? Or a ulimit
> setting of the oracle software owner ?
>

> Matthias

Naw, the other schemata routinely create 20G files in the same directory. The problem here is exp saying the schema export finished without errors, but is just way off what is in the schema. I've poked about in the exp file and it does have the two EXIT lines at the end that indicate it has done all it is going to, and doesn't have any "CREATE TRIGGER" or other objects that are missing. I think the fact that it is doing a conventional path export when I've told it to do direct is evidence of some severe brain damage somewhere, but the lack of other symptoms tells me bizarro bug.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
http://tinyurl.com/yclgpd