Re: Oracle 9i RMAN backup status

From: EscVector <Junk_at_webthere.com>
Date: 28 Dec 2006 09:00:36 -0800

pradeep.chandiramani_at_gmail.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Can someone please tell me how can I get the backup status
> (completed/failed) for RMAN backup operations?
>
> Currently I check the status using OEM but I was looking for some
> database query to check the same.
>
> I am using oracle 9i. I guess, there are views like rc_rman_staus in
> 10g but I don't know how this can be done in 9i.
>
> -Regards
> Pradeep

You can query the following views:

GV_$BACKUP_ASYNC_IO            VIEW
GV_$BACKUP_SYNC_IO             VIEW
V_$BACKUP_ASYNC_IO             VIEW
V_$BACKUP_SYNC_IO              VIEW

use v$session_longops;

select round(sofar/totalwork,2) pct,

             sofar,
             totalwork,
             message
        from v$session_longops
      where totalwork !=0
        and sofar!=totalwork
        and opname like 'RMAN%'

You can join or subquery v$session to make sure you only have active sessions queried.
If rman fails, the longops table will still show the results but they won't progress, even after rman disconnects.

select round(sofar/totalwork,2) pct,

             sofar,
             totalwork,
             message
        from v$session_longops
      where totalwork !=0
        and sofar!=totalwork
        and opname like 'RMAN%'
        and sid in (select sid from v$session where status = 'ACTIVE');