Re: DR plan

From: Valentin Minzatu <valentinminzatu_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 22 Dec 2006 07:54:49 -0800

On Dec 20, 3:34 am, "madunix" <madu..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Disaster Recovery (DR)Preparation
>
> We do Oracle10g CRS (no _HACMP_) on 2xNodes AIX5.3 connected to FC SAN
> DS4800 to serve our members which is a real time application.we
> planning to do a Disster Recovery plan for this service,DR plan need to
>
> recover 1 hour max time, the site will be about 35Km away,system must
> be restored to the last transaction, on the backup site we are thinking
>
> to palce the same identical hardware of our Production, AIX Servers and
>
> SAN DS4800Our data will be mirrored across a WAN link E1.
>
> Is there anyone that have some experience of Veritas, TSM or STORIX for
>
> DR from point of view as DBA.
>
> madunix

I have not worked with either of the mentioned technologies, but I would be careful with the "system must be restored to the last transaction" part of the requirement. I read it as a requirement for *0* data loss. Is that the case or the requirement is just not to lose transactions between the primary and dr systems?

On the other hand, is data guard not an option for you?

Valentin Received on Fri Dec 22 2006 - 09:54:49 CST