Oracle Text question

From: Ben <balvey_at_comcast.net>
Date: 18 Dec 2006 06:13:56 -0800

9.2.0.5 Ent Ed AIX5L

I need some assistance with understanding Oracle Text, and the CTXCAT index in pariticular. I followed the Developers guide example to try to create a CTXCAT index and was not successful. Personally I find Oracle's documentation on this pretty lacking. I've looked at the Reference and the Developer's Guide, and then I did some research on Meta Link and various usenet groups.
Here are the steps I took, right from the Developer's guide. It doesn't go into detail to tell if there needs to be indexes in place already or if this process should generate the indexes for you or what. Something strange that I saw after this was that it created a new table in the schema where this table exists called, DR$ITEM_TST$I, and 4 indexes on that table (DR$ITEM_TST$R, DR$ITEM_TST$X, DR$ITEM_TST01, DR$ITEM_TST02) and the ITEM_TST index on the F4101 table. I couldn't find anywhere that mentioned it would create a table and all those other indexes. If anyone has any experience with this, I would be much obliged if you'd please explain.

SQL> begin
  2 ctx_ddl.create_index_set('item_tst');   3 end;
  4 /

SQL> begin
  2 ctx_ddl.add_index('item_tst', 'IMDSC1'); /* sub-index A */   3 ctx_ddl.add_index('item_tst', 'IMDSC1, IMDSC2'); /* sub-index B */
  4 end;
  5 /

SQL> CREATE INDEX ITEM_TST ON F4101(IMLITM) INDEXTYPE IS CTXSYS.CTXCAT   2 PARAMETERS ('index set item_tst');

Index created.

SQL> begin
  2 dbms_stats.gather_index_stats(
  3 ownname => 'TRDTA',
  4 indname => 'ITEM_TST'
  5 );
  6 end;
  7 /

SQL> select score(1) imlitm
  2 from F4101
  3 where contains( imlitm, '26-0', 1) > 0; where contains( imlitm, '26-0', 1) > 0

                        *

ERROR at line 3:
ORA-20000: Oracle Text error:
DRG-10599: column is not indexed Received on Mon Dec 18 2006 - 08:13:56 CST