Re: RAC+RMAN fails on AIX 5.2 ML7

From: herbert koelman <herbert.koelman_at_urbix.fr>
Date: 17 Dec 2006 16:41:25 GMT

On Sun, 17 Dec 2006 04:14:48 -0800, sybrandb wrote:

> herbert koelman wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I have problems running RMAN against my cluster !!??
>>
>> Fairly often the backup locks up. A few hours later the cluster is
>> failing. Apparently an ONS daemon is blocking.
>>
>> Has anyone some experience with this ?
>>
>> Regards
>
> Next time, please try to be yet more *enigmatic* or ask for mindreaders
> right away.
> No version of Oracle, and several assertions that can't be interpreted
> without a crystal ball like
> - 'The backup locks up' (Did you try to find out, what the backup is
> waiting for? Or do you expect there must be people out there with
> identical configurations and similar experiences?)
> - 'The cluster is failing' So what does that means? Do you think
> anyone, not looking over your shoulder, can interpret your 'riddle'.
>
> More importantly: why do you just *dump* this, without any own
> investigation?
> If you don't want to investigate, why don't you just submit a SR?
> *They* are getting paid for it!!

You probably mean that you have the crystal ball you're talking about.

It probably did show you that I haven't investigated this stuff for weeks now. And it also did tell you that Oracle support hasn't been contacted yet.

But if I'm asking if anybody is experiencing any sort of problem running rman to backup a cluster, it's because we (oracle and our team) have not been able to come up with any explanation so far.

But if you are not competent on this subject, don't waste your (and our) time with this very stupid answer.

Thank you for your not helping us and in wasting our time.

Regards Received on Sun Dec 17 2006 - 10:41:25 CST