Re: Oracle versions

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_dial.pipex.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2006 15:34:26 +0000

Paul wrote:

> Jim Smith <usenet_at_ponder-stibbons.com> wrote:
>

>> No. The only restriction is that the server can't have more than 2 CPUs.
>> Depending on the type of application, that could support a fairly large
>> database and/or a substantial numbers of users.

> Though, I have to say that I have noticed a certain amount of
> "sneering" or "looking down one's nose" at those who have anything
> other than EE.

I've seen that, and actually don't think that Oracle's late 80's/early 90's styling of enterprise vs workgroup/departmental helps much, as well. On the other hand I've always felt quite happy with the cost when SE happily runs ERP for a 3000 employee $100m organisation, so it can cut both ways.

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA