Re: Where are the XE security patches?

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_dial.pipex.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 22:55:49 +0000

Cris wrote:
> hpuxrac wrote:
>

>> Pete Finnigan has got a very good point in his security blog
>> http://www.petefinnigan.com/weblog/entries/

> Pete says that a first patch was released after some time but I wasn't
> able to find it, do you know where it is?
>
> Thank you. Kind regards,

Latest Version. You don't get a patch to an existing version, you get a new version. (Though as the article says this has happened exactly once).

To be honest, and at the risk of sounding like my namesake, I really don't think Oracle has *got* security for the paid for support customers. free product people should expect to lag way way behind until security is a way of life and not an afterthought.

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA