Retrieve list of n largest tables in a db

From: <ozonefilter_at_gmail.com>
Date: 13 Dec 2006 14:52:14 -0800

Hello,

is there an easy way to retrieve a list of the largest tables in a given Oracle database? I know how to estimate the size of a single table, but I was wondering if there was a query that could be used to obtain a list of the 20 (for example) top largest tables. I know this can be coded on the client side within the application by retrieving the size of all the tables in a database and then selecting only the largest n tables, but I was looking for something
more efficient and just a query if possible.

Thanks in advance. Received on Wed Dec 13 2006 - 16:52:14 CST