Installing ASM...

From: Volker Hetzer <firstname.lastname_at_ieee.org>
Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2006 17:46:28 +0100

Hi!
I'm trying to install ASM (10.2.0.1) on a Linux RH 4 machine. The installation itself went moderately well (had to install some additional packages, but no errors after that) but now the dbca has accumulated about 4 hours of CPU time for creating the ASM instance.
Is this normal?
I've got a dual core INTEL processor, and ASM has got one 17GB disk.
One strange thing, this time I tried to use asmlib, created the disk all right but during the install the disk didn't show up with ORCL:* or <> (nothing) as discovery path. Instead I had to specify /dev/* for it to show up.
I would have liked for the installer to recognize the disk as shown in the documentation.

Lots of Greetings!
Volker

--
For email replies, please substitute the obvious.