Re: V$SESSION_LONGOPS sofar/totalwork *always* = 1 in 10g ?

From: Anurag Varma <avoracle_at_gmail.com>
Date: 1 Dec 2006 07:23:14 -0800

Spendius wrote:
> Anurag Varma schreef:
> > Just did a quick test and I see it works on the 10.2.0.2 database I tested it on.
> > Just because a query is running for several hours does NOT mean it would show
> > up in v$session_longops. If its doing a slooow NL join, it won't show up.
> > There are other criterias which must be fulfilled before the operation shows up in longops.
> I thought the only criterium was "as soon as it passes 6 seconds
> of execution load it up the longops view".
--snip--

As per doco you are right:
http://download-east.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/server.102/b14237/dynviews_2092.htm#sthref3994

<quote>This view displays the status of various operations that run for longer than 6 seconds (in absolute time).</quote>

However, I guess its not clarified what the operations are. I'm no expert on this view so I'll refrain from making conclusive statements, however, I'd think long running sort operations, long running
hash join operations, full table scans of big tables etc. should show up in session longops.
I don't think Long running NL operations show up in this view.

And as Daniel correctly pointed out .. one can use dbms_application_info
package to add info to this view.

Anurag Received on Fri Dec 01 2006 - 09:23:14 CST