Re: V$SESSION_LONGOPS sofar/totalwork *always* = 1 in 10g ?

From: Spendius <spendius_at_muchomail.com>
Date: 1 Dec 2006 01:44:02 -0800

Anurag Varma schreef:
> Just did a quick test and I see it works on the 10.2.0.2 database I tested it on.
> Just because a query is running for several hours does NOT mean it would show
> up in v$session_longops. If its doing a slooow NL join, it won't show up.
> There are other criterias which must be fulfilled before the operation shows up in longops.
I thought the only criterium was "as soon as it passes 6 seconds of execution load it up the longops view".

> If the following test does not show up in longops, then you might
> have a problem:
> Run a full table scan of a huge table (> 10,000 blocks). The scan
> should show up in longops.

You're right I managed to load a query performing an FTS up this view - I'm going to check what makes Oracle load a query (or not) in this view, because I can't understand why when we have very slow operations (inserts that take hours -we're in a data warehouse-) they do not appear in this view.

Thanks. Received on Fri Dec 01 2006 - 03:44:02 CST