Re: OracleXE is garbage

From: Tomo <tkokoska_at_varteks.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 10:24:31 -0800

> Tomo wrote:
>
>> XE didn't use for big projects it is version for Oracle advertising and
>> teaching opportunities and possibilities of Oracle database...

>> You can use MS Access instead, or PostgreSQL as you said!!
>
> MS Access: Surely you jest. XE is a real database not a toy.

I respect all opinions, but comparing 10g with XE we'll see lot of restrictions on XE. Although, XE is still real database not compareble with MS Access or many other databases (as you said toys). Of course, XE is better!

I tried to tell, for big projects you should use Oracle 10g, for smaller XE would satisfy. We could talk about size of projects for days and we wouldn't agree which one is big or which one is small. So I rather leave it beside.

I made a mistake, so i have to add to sentence "XE doesn't use for big projects it is version for Oracle advertising and teaching opportunities and possibilities of Oracle database..." also for small projects...