Re: Grid Control email notification peculiarities

From: Robert Klemme <shortcutter_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 09:33:57 +0100

On 27.11.2006 22:53, EdStevens wrote:
> Select 'Preferences' | 'General'
> Under 'Email Addresses' I add my Outlook address, my partner's Outlook
> address, and my cell phone text msg address (mynumber_at_vtext.com)(Cell
> phone service is Verizon)
> Select all 3 addresses and click 'Test'. Email is received at all 3
> locations, including a text msg on my cell phone.
> - apply

> Shut down one of the monitored test databases.
> Email msg is received at both Outlook addresses, but never received at
> the cell phone address.

Since you seem to have proved that basic email connectivity is OK, I'd try to dig in the SMTP area rather than Oracle. One thing you could do is to take one of the messages you actually received, resend it from the DB machine (for example via telnet) and see what happens. Maybe it's caught in some kind of spam filter.

HTH         robert Received on Tue Nov 28 2006 - 02:33:57 CST