Re: Creating schema in oracle10g express edition

From: hpuxrac <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: 25 Nov 2006 07:23:36 -0800

DA Morgan wrote:
> > (what's in a user?)
>
> Oracle has two different DDL statements:
>
> "CREATE USER" and "CREATE SCHEMA"
>
> What each does clearly defines the meaning of the terms.

Now that's not exactly a high value add in this posting.

There are a bunch of caveats in the documentation for create schema. Although you "could" attempt to use the statement it's incomplete and misleading. Refer to the documentation for complete information.

For the OP I recommend sticking with advice provided earlier in this thread and ignore "create schema" in oracle. Received on Sat Nov 25 2006 - 09:23:36 CST