Re: Concurrent/Parallel Execution

From: ihb <email_at_email.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 11:59:09 -0500

"Robert Klemme"
> IMHO that's not a question about parallelism in the first place but about
> federation.

Agree, indeed I wasn't sure about the "wording"

> but the major issue here is the combining part (cross database joins).

No, not that complicated...not JOIN,
I try to present a very simple case....
e.g. "select * from emp_n"
from each DB....the requirement is to COMBINE the result sets (like UNION)

> That should be pretty obvious from that page.

Yes, just checking, silly me.

> Heck, you did not even mention whether these databases are from the same
> vendor or what. You might be able to do something like this with linked
> tables or however that concept is called in the world of your DB vendor.

<sigh>
ORACLE....nothing but ORACLE.....10gR2 to be precise ---let's ***KIS***

> Plus, you did not state your business requirements instead you come up
> with a solution and....

I "come up with a solution" ????? <scratch-head>

This is not requitrement ?
"Say data is everywhere....there are n databases (on n servers) In app I need to query each DB and COMBINE the results." Received on Wed Nov 22 2006 - 10:59:09 CST