Re: Rebuild an instance

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 17 Nov 2006 14:54:47 -0800

bobrivers.br_at_gmail.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm not an oracle dba. I'm just a programmer. I did a very huge mistake
> today: I erased everything that was inside an oracle instance
> directory.
>
> We had an instance called SNET. It's files were located at
> /opt/oracle/oradata/SNET. I erased everything that was inside it.

Oddly enough, the files don't actually go away until the last process that has them open lets them go, in the case of Oracle, that is when you shut down. Unfortunately, on unix the filesystems are too dynamic to have an unremove command, although if you stop everything from creating new files it theoretically is possible to get them back, though I wouldn't know how. The more common preventative is for the sysadmin globally or have each user to replace rm with a mv to trash directory.

> I had a full dump of the instace. It was done using "exp system/bla
> full=y file=snet.dmp".
>
> The first thing that we did, was to recreate the instance again. After
> we did it, I could see that the instace is running.
>
> After that, we did an "imp system/bla full=y file=snet.dmp ignore=y"
> and the import starts to work. After severel minutes, I receive the
> folloing message:
>
> IMP-00017: following statement failed with ORACLE error 439:
> "CREATE ROLE "GLOBAL_AQ_USER_ROLE" IDENTIFIED GLOBALLY "
> IMP-00003: ORACLE error 439 encountered
> ORA-00439: feature not enabled: Enterprise User Security
> IMP-00017: following statement failed with ORACLE error 3113:
> "BEGIN "
>
> "SYS.DBMS_RULE_ADM.GRANT_SYSTEM_PRIVILEGE(SYS.DBMS_RULE_ADM.CREATE_EVALUATIO"
> "N_CONTEXT_OBJ, 'SYS',TRUE);"
> ""
>
> What I did wrong? I'm using the same oracle. Why it tells that the
> feature is not installed? Does anyone has any clue? Is it possible to
> recover the database?

As Charles explained, you should be backing up with RMAN. Then you could just restore the files and recover transactions since the backup with archived logs. You didn't erase those, too? It is even possible to recreate an entire lost file by creating it empty and applying the archived logs since its tablespace was originally created (not that I've ever had few enough logs to do something like that...).

As to why the feature is not installed, you should go to metalink.oracle.com and do an advanced search on the exact string Enterprise User Security. You probably need to enter an SR (service request) to get that stuff working again, if you were actually using it. That might be some pretty advanced DBA stuff. Do you have lots of users using OID or Oracle Application Server?

Did your import continue on and import data after the error message?

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
"See your DBA???  I AM the *#%@#%!& DBA!"