Rebuild an instance

From: <bobrivers.br_at_gmail.com>
Date: 17 Nov 2006 13:49:50 -0800

Hi,

I'm not an oracle dba. I'm just a programmer. I did a very huge mistake today: I erased everything that was inside an oracle instance directory.

We had an instance called SNET. It's files were located at /opt/oracle/oradata/SNET. I erased everything that was inside it.

I had a full dump of the instace. It was done using "exp system/bla full=y file=snet.dmp".

The first thing that we did, was to recreate the instance again. After we did it, I could see that the instace is running.

After that, we did an "imp system/bla full=y file=snet.dmp ignore=y" and the import starts to work. After severel minutes, I receive the folloing message:

IMP-00017: following statement failed with ORACLE error 439:
"CREATE ROLE "GLOBAL_AQ_USER_ROLE" IDENTIFIED GLOBALLY "

IMP-00003: ORACLE error 439 encountered
ORA-00439: feature not enabled: Enterprise User Security
IMP-00017: following statement failed with ORACLE error 3113:

"BEGIN "
"SYS.DBMS_RULE_ADM.GRANT_SYSTEM_PRIVILEGE(SYS.DBMS_RULE_ADM.CREATE_EVALUATIO"
"N_CONTEXT_OBJ, 'SYS',TRUE);"
""

What I did wrong? I'm using the same oracle. Why it tells that the feature is not installed? Does anyone has any clue? Is it possible to recover the database?

TIA, Bob Received on Fri Nov 17 2006 - 15:49:50 CST