Re: How to find International Characters in a column?

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 16 Nov 2006 15:36:24 -0800

Chocks wrote:
> Hey ,
>
> We are using Oracle 9i DB . I have to find out the records which are
> having International characters in a given column. I read we can use
> reg_exp in Oracle 10g.
> Whether it is possible to find out this using PL/SQL . If any body
> could help me on this ?
>
> Thanks in advance
> Chocks.k.

Could you use the character set scanner, to see what would happen if you changed the character set to 7-bit ascii? http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B10501_01/server.920/a96529/ch11.htm  Among other things it outputs is the rowid and data that it finds.

http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B10501_01/server.920/a96540/functions7a.htm#1000047 ASCIISTR might be one way to fix it or compare strings for differences.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.