Re: Trace Files and Alert Logs Filling Up Hard Drive

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 14 Nov 2006 15:17:37 -0800

HMM wrote:
> Bug: 5568622 is mine. The only reason I posted is that it just seemed
> odd to me that I would be the first one to find this installation bug
> when 10.2.0.2 has been out awhile. I'm not running any special memory
> config. Its a 32 bit 10.2.0.2 install. I took all the defaults when I
> installed Oracle and all the defaults when I created the database. The
> alert log just keeps growing and several trace files are being created.
> The error in the alert log is the following:
>
> ~Errors in file
> c:\oracle\product\10.2.0\admin\gisx\udump\gisx_drcx_2628.trc:~ORA-07445:
> exception encountered: core dump [ACCESS_VIOLATION]
> [unable_to_trans_pc] [PC:0xB6BE2B] [ADDR:0x0] [UNABLE_TO_WRITE] []~
>
> Yes...the main bulk of files being created is in udump. They are drcx
> trace files. The error in these files is DRCX Client did not establish
> network login. I can't find anything on DRCX..I'm not sure what it is.

That would be Data Guard Connection Process. Are you using DG? Have you set any init.ora parameters for DG? Are you using logical standby?  Any RAC involved? Parallel servers?

I suspect you've accidentally turned on a feature you don't want and haven't configured properly. Post your systems' values of the parameters in this example:
http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/server.102/b14239/create_ps.htm#i68626

By the way, don't top post in this group. Google if you don't know what that means.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
http://www.black-market-babies.com/