Re: Trace Files and Alert Logs Filling Up Hard Drive

From: HMM <hannahm_at_cityofpsl.com>
Date: 15 Nov 2006 06:11:50 -0800

Sorry, I don't use forums very often..I get a little mixed up with the ettiquitte. I hope this isn't top-posted.

Thanks for your help! I'm not using DataGuard or Standby database. It is Enterprise Edition and not a domain controller. The Oracle is installed on a stand-alone test server. I checked the parameters you gave and they are the following:

db_name = gisx
db_unique_name = gisx
log_archive_config = (blank)
control_files = c:\oracle\product\10.2.0\oradata\gisx\control1.ctl, c:\oracle\product\10.2.0\oradata\gisx\control2.ctl, c:\oracle\product\10.2.0\oradata\gisx\control3.ctl

log_archive_dest_1 = (blank)
log_archive_dest_2 = (blank)
log_archive_dest_state_1 = enable
log_archive_dest_state_2 = enable