Startup problem

From: QDL <qdl_at_qdl.qdl>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 09:33:50 +0100

Hello everyone,

I installed Oracle 10g Express on a Windows 2K3 Server box without any problem, (almost) everything runs ok.

The only problem I have is at startup, after rebooting the server if i try to connect to the server (even using SQL Prompt locally), I get this error:

ORA-12514: The TNS Listener does not currently know the service requested in connection descriptor (The error description might be slightly different, I translated from Italian).

If I stop and restart the database, then it works ok...

I'm posting here my *.ORA files:

EXTPROC_CONNECTION_DATA =
  (DESCRIPTION =
    (ADDRESS_LIST =
(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = IPC)(KEY = EXTPROC_FOR_XE))
    )
    (CONNECT_DATA =
(SID = PLSExtProc)
(PRESENTATION = RO)

    )
  )

ORACLR_CONNECTION_DATA =
  (DESCRIPTION =
    (ADDRESS_LIST =
(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = IPC)(KEY = EXTPROC_FOR_XE))
    )
    (CONNECT_DATA =
(SID = CLRExtProc)
(PRESENTATION = RO)

    )
  )

LISTENER =
  (DESCRIPTION_LIST =
    (DESCRIPTION =
(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = IPC)(KEY = EXTPROC_FOR_XE))
(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = whitey)(PORT = 1521))
    )
  )

DEFAULT_SERVICE_LISTENER = (XE)

SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION_SERVICES = (NTS) I did not make any changes to the defaults.

Thanx in Advance
Paolo Received on Tue Nov 14 2006 - 02:33:50 CST