Parallel DML and parallel clause in 10g R2

From: <priteshpjani_at_gmail.com>
Date: 9 Nov 2006 21:39:09 -0800

Hi,

We are getting very weird error and its being shown to Oracle ppl but no success so far. Can any one tell me how to get rid of such issue.

We are doing bulk operation on table and for that using "alter session enable parallel DML" but after that if we are doing any bulk insert / update operation on table using aggregate functions its giving different value all the time.

i.e.

alter session enable parallel DML;
insert /*+ append parallel */ into <<table>> select col1, sum(col2), sum(col3)
  from <<source table>>;
commit;

Has anyone encountered such issue?

~Pritesh Received on Thu Nov 09 2006 - 23:39:09 CST