Re: What is different b/w exp tablespace and exp user

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 1 Nov 2006 11:02:17 -0800

aman.oracle.dba wrote:
> Hi,
>
> If I export full tablespace with the command
> exp userid=system/manager owner=hr
>
> and then imp in other database
> imp userid=system/manager fromuser=hr
> touser=hr ignore=y
>
> (Some same tables exists there but without data)
> or
> If I export tablespace with the command
> exp userid=system/manage tablespaces=users
>
> and then imp in other database
> imp userid=system/manager tablespaces=users
> ignore=y
>
> Both user and tablespace with the same name exists there and user "HR"
> is the only user who is using tablespace "USERS".
> So what is difference between both (WITH OWNER and TABLESPACE) exp and
> imp.

See nice chart in the docs:
http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B10501_01/server.920/a96652/ch01.htm#1004891

> As well as what will the difference if some tables already exists in
> user "HR" or Not Exists.

If you don't use the ignore, they won't get modified. If you ignore the errors, if there are constraints violated you will see those errors, if there are no constraints violated you may get duplicate information. So it depends.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
Lose $17M in seven minutes: