Re: What is different b/w exp tablespace and exp user

From: aman.oracle.dba <aman.oracle.dba_at_gmail.com>
Date: 2 Nov 2006 09:10:37 -0800

Frank van Bortel wrote:
> aman.oracle.dba schreef:
> > Hi,
> >
> > If I export full tablespace with the command
> > exp userid=system/manager owner=hr
> >
> > and then imp in other database
> > imp userid=system/manager fromuser=hr
> > touser=hr ignore=y
> >
> > (Some same tables exists there but without data)
> > or
> > If I export tablespace with the command
> > exp userid=system/manage tablespaces=users
> >
> > and then imp in other database
> > imp userid=system/manager tablespaces=users
> > ignore=y
> >
> > Both user and tablespace with the same name exists there and user "HR"
> > is the only user who is using tablespace "USERS".
> > So what is difference between both (WITH OWNER and TABLESPACE) exp and
> > imp.
> >

> > As well as what will the difference if some tables already exists in
> > user "HR" or Not Exists.
> >
> Who says that the tablespace contains only tables of one user?
In my scenario it is.
> Who said a user can only have objects in one tablespace?
In my scenario it is.

> There's your difference.
>
> --
> Regards,
> Frank van Bortel
>
> Top-posting is one way to shut me up...

I know that one tablespace can contain the data of many users and one users objects can be save in many tablespaces but I reserve one tablespace for one user.

Is there no difference in data after imp. Is there no difference in speed of imp or exp. Received on Thu Nov 02 2006 - 11:10:37 CST