open read ony and start a standby

From: Massa Batheli <mngong_at_gmail.com>
Date: 1 Nov 2006 05:07:02 -0800

Because backups go to many servers I will like to open a copy of the backup read only (to make sure it is good) before moving them around.Sure this can be tested but if anybody has done this that will save me lots of time and your input will be greatfully taken Question ?

Is it possible to create a standby database from a DB that has been opened read only?

As usual I appreciate your time

Massa Received on Wed Nov 01 2006 - 07:07:02 CST