Re: Anyone OOW attendees notice when OOW 2007 is?

From: hpuxrac <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: 29 Oct 2006 11:43:12 -0800

Glen S wrote:
> I could have sworn when I was walking out of the Moscone South there was
> a big sign saying "see you next year" with the dates Sept 11-15. However
> talking to someone on the shuttle back to the airport friday they said
> they read somewhere that next years event is going to be in November. I
> also heard this from someone at the wrap up event.

I don't have a clue but maybe one of the oracle employee's can give us some info in that regard.

> Not that this is a real pressing issue, but I'd like to take my wife
> along to next years event for a few days, and she likes to plan for such
> things as far ahead as possible. There is nothing on the Openworld site
> that I can see, the page is still showing as if the conference is still on.

I think my wife is likely to also fly in next year, probably in friday and out sunday or monday.

> While on the subject, did anyone here go, and if so what did you think
> of the conference? I thought it was pretty good, networking with people
> in my field was as valuable an experience as any, but the vast majority
> of people I met seemed to be from the applications / peoplesoft side of
> things, fellow DBA's seemed to be a lot scarcer.

I thought the conference was fine. It is more marketing oriented and not especially heavy in technical content at least not to any great level of detail. The one hour sessions don't allow any presenter to get too deep.

Probably varied a lot by what sessions people selected. I went to both sessions by Jonathan Lewis and one by Tom Kyte and another by Niemic ( sp? ). These sessions seemed to be principally attended by DBA's.

There are always lots of applications people, lots of developers, and management types along with a good amount of DBA's. Received on Sun Oct 29 2006 - 13:43:12 CST