Re: 10gR1 - Checkpoint not complete -

From: hpuxrac <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: 27 Oct 2006 14:23:35 -0700

p.santos000_at_gmail.com wrote:
> Thanks for the feedback,
> I'll be sure to check out Tom's site.. probably tonight.
> I have increased the logs files from 200MB to their current value of
> 600MB.
> Unfortunately, our application generates lots of redo, and there is
> very little
> I can do about it. Adding more log files is really not going to
> help.
> At this point, I have to find a better way to balance checkpointing
> with log switches (one could of course argue that increasing the size
> effects that).
>
> thanks for your input.
> -peter

I would do the searches on asktom and read what he has to say on the subject sooner rather than later.

There's a good amount of information and give and take from various different posters.

Do the research and understand what you are doing and why before making other changes is my recommendation.

Most of the people that hang out on cdos don't appreciate people that respond with "top posting". They much prefer people to add on additional comments notes at the bottom.

Good luck. Received on Fri Oct 27 2006 - 16:23:35 CDT