Re: How to restore over an existing DB

From: <RobbMichel_at_gmail.com>
Date: 24 Oct 2006 10:26:15 -0700

The goal is to query the data in the Oracle database and move it into our SQL database. We get the data from a client (they only know how to send a dmp), and we do not use Oracle here we use SQL.

We just have an Oracle test enviroment to practice writing queries to get data from the client's Oracle database. So we threw together an Oracle enviroment to allow easier development. The developer wanted more recent data than the last dump we imported and we are now in this situation. We have about 4 employees total and can not just hire a new person to monitor this enviroment. That is why I am using gooogle groups to discuss the problems we are having. I have gotten great advice from google groups in the past. Received on Tue Oct 24 2006 - 12:26:15 CDT