Re: The Application requires more database privileges

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2006 18:12:13 -0700

muddu wrote:
> I tried granting select_catalog_role as well as Select any dictionary
> privileges.
> Then I got an error message The user has been granted select any
> dictionary privileges.
> Please contact your DBA.
> The user is using 9i OEM and database is in 10g.
>

> epokopac_at_excite.com wrote:

>> Grant SELECT_CATALOG_ROLE to the user in question.

The error message you received is not an Oracle error.

It would appear that you are trying to do something that your employer has not authorized you to do or for which you do not have sufficient information to be doing.

I would suggest stop this until you have spoken with your IT manager.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington