Re: What Kind of People go to OOW really ?

From: HansF <Fuzzy.Greybeard_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 02:15:00 GMT

On Sun, 22 Oct 2006 15:57:26 -0400, klabu wrote:

> Just curious, any NON-SELF-EMPLOYEED or Consultants here go to OOW at OWN
> expense ?
> I'm wondering if it's worth the money.
>
> I've never been to one myself and my "impression" is that 90% there are
> "management", salaried people
> whose companies pay for he whole thing.

The OOWs I've attended have been filled with every imaginable combination of people, including management, technical, tech reporter, end user, consultant, independant.

AFAIAC, the purpose is simple, and two-fold: information, and networking. Leading edge in both cases.

If I didn't have pre-existing contracts for the week, I'd have gone, on my own nickle.

--
Hans Forbrich   (mailto: Fuzzy.GreyBeard_at_gmail.com)
*** Feel free to correct me when I'm wrong!